Thursday, November 27, 2014

Kol-dongri

A couple of Sundays ago, Pradeep offered to take us for an early morning guided tour of Kol-dongri - another bio-diversity-rich part of the IITB campus. I am ashamed to admit that I had never been to koldongri as a student (even though I had heard of it from my more adventurous batchmates). So I was glad that we finally had a chance to go there and felt lucky that the wild woods still exist for our kids to enjoy - though unfortunately I'm not sure how long they will survive. 
A bonus for us was some interaction with the local fishermen who use some innovative ways to fish in the Powai lake, and an impromptu market was set up!

a walk in the woods
  Powai lake from Kol Dongri

 Floating device + fishing net combo
A fisher-boy shows us his catch
a somewhat spooky video of the catch
 Our friend buys them all!
 Impromptu cleaning drive by the boys
 the boys called this the "dinosaur" tree

1 comment:

Garnet said...

Can you please let me know how Kol Dongri can be reached? Thanks!