Monday, July 1, 2013

Anurag goes to Kindergarten

Today was Anu's first day in Jr. KG. I have been dreading this day for a while. As we entered the classroom today, the sight of 20 howling kids greeted us and Anurag quickly realized that something was very wrong and burst into tears. Fortunately, his class teacher is very loving and she tried to distract him (she was also Kabu's class teacher). When I went to pick him up, he was quiet but looked very sad. His eyes lit up when he saw me and the way he came running to me and clung on to me made me happy and sad at the same time. I hope he settles in his new school quickly. Kabir, who insisted on going with me to pick up Anu, was delighted to meet his old teachers. His UKG class teacher even planted one big kiss on his cheek which made his day!

No comments: